2022-2023 CANADA Visa – Application : Apply Online Now
Canada is a country in the North American continent that is located above the United States and is known as a highly developed country. The demand of people to move to Canada visa has been steadily increasing over the past few years, but most people wonder how they can move to Canada.
What is a Canada Visa?
A Canada visa is a stamp on your passport that allows you to enter the country of Canada.
It is permission for you to travel to the country and be able to stay legally either temporarily or permanently. Obtaining a visa for Canada visa means that the Canadian consulate or embassy in your country has determined that you are eligible and meet the requirements for entry. However, once you arrive at Canadian Borders and Customs, it is up to the officials at the border to assess whether or not you are eligible to enter.
If you answer the Canadian Border Services Officer’s (BSO) questions honestly and truthfully, they will allow you to enter. Otherwise, if they suspect that you are not eligible to enter, they may reject you and ask you to go back to your home country even if you have a Canadian visa.
Who needs a Canadian visa?
People from countries that do not have a visa exemption or electronic travel authorization (eTA) agreement with Canada will need a visa to enter the country. Specifically, people from around 148 countries need visas to visit, work or immigrate to Canada.
If you are one of these applicants and you need a visa for Canada, you must apply for one. Depending on the type of visa you want, you’ll have an application process, but there are some general steps you’ll need to take.
What are the types of Canada visa?
Before you apply for a Canadian visa, you should first know which visa you want to apply for. Here are the types of Canada visas:
- Visitor Visa.
- Student visa.
- Work visa.
- Permanent Residence Visa.
- Business Immigrant Visa.
- Express Entry Program Visa.
You should choose one that fits the purpose of why you want to move to Canada.
Related: Best Personal Loans Companies in Canada in 2022
Temporary Canada Visa
A temporary Canada visa allows a person to stay in Canada for a specific period of time that is determined by a Canadian consulate or Border Services Officers (BSO). This time is usually up to 6 months. However, a temporary visa can be a single entry or multiple entry visa.
A single entry visa allows a person to enter Canada only once, stay for 6 months and then return to their home country. A multiple entry visa allows a person to enter and stay temporarily in Canada multiple times until their visa expires.
Here are the types of Canadian Temporary Visa:
- Canada Tourist Visa. A visitor visa or tourist visa allows the holder to enter Canada for the purposes of tourism in the country.
- Canada Super Visa. Canadian Super Visas allow parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens or Canadian permanent residents to visit their children or grandchildren for an extended stay.
- Diplomatic and official visas. Diplomatic and official visas allow officials and diplomats of foreign countries to enter Canada visa for official duties and purposes.
- Courtesy Visa. Courtesy visas are granted to all persons who are not eligible for diplomatic and official visas but are considered important because of their rank and position. This includes, for example, members of trade missions or diplomats with tourist objectives.
- Canada Business Visa. Business visas are issued to people who are traveling to Canada as individuals or as a group of business people with business purposes.
- Visa to give birth in Canada. This visa is granted to people who meet all the criteria to stay in Canada visa temporarily and who are pregnant and want to give birth in the country. Giving birth in Canada automatically makes a child a Canadian citizen.
- Intention of Organ Donors Visa. This visa is granted to a person who is traveling to Canada for the purpose of donating an organ to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Canada Convenience Visa. Facilitation visas are granted to Canadian citizens of dual nationality who do not hold a Canadian passport but hold a passport of another nationality. A facility visa is stamped on a person’s other nationality visa due to the extreme difficulties of a person obtaining a Canadian passport.
- Canada Student Visa. A Canadian student visa is granted to those who have enrolled in a Canadian university to complete their studies. If you are going to study in Canada for less than 6 months, you can only get a TRV visa, but for more than 6 months of study, you will need a student visa.
- Canada Temporary Work Visa. Canadian temporary work visas are given to people who have a job offer in Canada and will work for up to 6 months. To obtain this visa, one must present a valid job offer letter from the employer and qualify for a temporary visa.
- Temporary residence permit. This permit is for people who need to travel to Canada for different purposes but are not otherwise eligible for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). This permit is only issued for the time the person needs to stay in Canada, for example 2 weeks for a workshop.
- Working Holiday Visa. Canada Working Holiday Visas are granted to young people from 30 countries to work and travel in Canada. It is a random selection visa which means applicants will submit their applications and wait to be randomly selected to apply for a work permit.
Permanent Canada Visa
A permanent Canada visa is a visa that allows the holder to settle in the country permanently. These are otherwise known as immigrant visas and can be of different types, which are as follows:
Immigrant Investor Program. The Immigrant Investor Program is for people who will invest in the Canadian economy and have a net worth of at least CAD$800,000. They must invest at least CAD$400,000 and the government will return this investment to them within 5 years without any interest.
Startup Visa Program. The Canada Startup Visa is for people who will be personally involved in contributing to the economy. They must have a net worth of at least CAD$300,000 and own and operate at least a third of a Canadian business as well as be committed to creating and maintaining employment within 3 years of being in the country.
Self-Employed Persons Visa. The Self-Employed Person visa is for people who have skills in business, athletics, culture or farming and can start their own business. These people should demonstrate how they will finance the business as well as their expertise in specific areas
Quebec-Selected Skilled Worker Program (QSWP). If you have one of the required occupations in the Canadian province of Quebec and you are fluent in French, you can apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program which will allow you to permanently immigrate and work there.
Family Sponsorship Program. A family sponsorship visa allows spouses and dependent children of Canadian citizens or permanent residents to immigrate to Canada permanently.
Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP). This visa is granted to caregivers who are qualified to care for elderly, disabled people or children and live in a private home in Canada.
Express Entry Visas
The Canada Express Entry Program is an electronic immigration program designed by the Government of Canada. It allows people from all over the world to apply for immigration to Canada based on their specific skills.
The following are part of this program:
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP)
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) visa is given to people who are qualified tradespeople in occupations such as:
- Aircraft Mechanics
- Crane Operators
- Heavy-duty Equipment Mechanics
- Plumbers, etc.
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
Visas under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) are granted to people who have essential occupations in Canada. You should check what types of occupations Canada requires at the time you are planning to apply and get the required points.
Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP)
These visas under the Provincial Nominee Program are granted to semi- or low-skilled workers who can contribute to the Canadian economy through their work. Workers are placed in different provinces of Canada where their work is in high demand.
Canadian Experience Class
Canadian Experience Class permanent visas are granted to people who have a temporary student visa or temporary worker visa and want to switch to permanent resident status. They either have Canadian education or work experience and have settled into Canadian society.
Canada Visa Application
The Canada visa application process largely depends on the visa you need to apply for.
To apply for a Canada visa, you need to go through these simple steps:
- Find out if you qualify for a Canada visa.
- Create your online account.
- Compile the document file.
- Pay the fee.
- Wait for your Canadian visa to be processed.
- Submit your passport and processing fee.
Find out if you qualify for a Canada visa
To know how to get a Canada visa, the Government of Canada has made it quite easy. They have created different tests that assess the eligibility of applicants by asking them to fill an online questionnaire. Depending on the type of visa you want, you will be asked to answer several questions, and then the system will tell you whether you can apply or not. Further, it will also send you relevant instructions and steps you should take to fulfill all the requirements.